I went crazy with making cakes for Aus and CC this year. I usually just order a cake at Harmons but this year I thought I would try making them their own 6 inch cake and a 12 inch cake for everyone else. I think I used 18 eggs, half a bag of flour, 6 cubes of butter, and probably 1/2 gallon of milk. I realized after about the 4th cake that I was crazy for doing this but I wasn't almost finished so I couldn't stop. It was fun but I don't think I realized how much cake I was making! We had tons of left overs!! The cakes turned out really cute. Thank goodness Carol was there to help me make the bows on the cakes b/c I don't do bows. It was fun making the cakes but I think next time I'll stick with the standard size cakes.
CC didn't want to get messy and started crying as you can see from the pics below so Austin was helpful and started eating his cake and CC's. What a good helper!
Thanks everyone (Carol, Calvin, Kyle, Nat, Camilla, Blake, Brinn, and Chandra) for coming to CC's and Austin's birthday party. It was fun to see everyone.



1 comment:
The cakes look great, 1st birthdays are so much fun. Pretty soon you won't be able to stop her from ripping the packages open.
Post a Comment